The contact grill is the most popular way of grilling indoors. Also known as a dual contact griddler, this tool comes in different sizes and has dual hinged heated elements, one at the bottom and one on top. The top heated cover allows you too cook faster, retains moisture and you don’t even have to flip the food. Moreover, the contact grill removes most fat from your food as it cooks. If you want to learn a few delicious contact grill recipes, you are in the right place. Just season the grill with some cooking oil and follow the instructions below:2 Delicious Contact Grill Recipes Pictures
Curried Mangoes with Ginger Ice Milk
This is one of the most interesting contact grill recipes. Curry and mangoes are important foods in India, and grilling them will intensify the flavor. This is the perfect dessert for the entire family.
4 large mangoes (or 6 to 8 if they are small)
1 tablespoon best-quality curry powder
1 tablespoon light or pure olive oil
3 tablespoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
Coconut Ice Milk
One jelly-roll pan
1. Preheat the grill to medium-high.
2. Slice the mangoes with a sharp knife . Make a cut from the top to the bottom and remove one of the rounded sides from the center pit. Do the same with the other side and cut the mango flesh around the edge of the pit. Peel the two halves.
3. Add the olive oil, salt and mango halves in a bowl. Cover them with the mixture and make sure they are evenly coated.
4. Grill the mango for a minute and remove them to the jelly-roll pan.
5. Mix the curry powder with 3 tablespoons of sugar and sprinkle it on the mango. Grill the halves for another 30 seconds on each side and remove to the pan.
6. To serve, place a mango half on a dessert plate and place a scoop of the ice milk next to it. Sprinkle with the shredded coconut.
Grilled Steak with Black Pepper Butter and Radishes
The contact grill recipes list gets even better with the grilled steak. You can even double the pepper butter and refrigerate it for the next time you are grilling, and trust us, you will certainly want it.
1 tablespoon vegetable oil, plus more
1 1/2 pounds hanger, flank, or skirt steak
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
1 bunch radishes with greens, halved
2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Flaky sea salt (such as Maldon)
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt plus more
Lemon wedges (for serving)
1. Preheat the grill to medium-high and lightly oil the grill grate.
2. Mix the butter with 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and 1 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl.
3. Season the stake with pepper and salt. Grill until is it medium-rare and let it rest for 5 minutes. Top it with the butter.
4. Combine the radishes and 1 tablespoon oil in a bowl. Season with pepper and salt and grill them until crisp tender.
5. Season the stake with sea salt and serve with the radishes and lemon wedges.